Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kenya Update from Duffy

(Duffy is currently in Kenya on a mission trip with his church, HPPC. He left on Sunday and sent this email to me today.)

Jambo!

I cried like a little school girl this morning when we drove up and were meet by 200 little ones sing songs and marching into a circle around us. I have so many thoughts - more than I could possibly type in the short time I have here in the local internet cafe while i wait for them to get groceries for tomorrow.

The kids are beautiful and so full of life. I can't put it into words the joy these people have and they have nothing. Absolutely nothing. Some without shoes, but all with smiles. I fell in love with the kindergarden and 1st graders. I think I have picked out 20 to bring home with me so start making room, I have a surprise too in my suitcase. The joy here in Africia is unparrelled to anything I have ever encountered. Truly amazing.

From Africa,
Duffy Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - we love to hear from you!