May 30, 2012
Dear Baby Love,
Today, we are going to a sonogram appointment at 2pm to find out if you are a healthy boy or girl! My emotions are all over the place and I can only halfway blame it on hormones. When we found out that your older sister was a girl…we still weren’t 100% sure if she was going to get to be OUR girl. That’s how private adoption goes…you just never know until it’s finalized. But your embryo adoption is very special. We know 100% that you’re OUR baby to keep. Today our lives will forever change and there’s very few times in life that one piece of information has so much impact. I woke up early this morning and was thinking about the day that your Daddy proposed to me. I remember so many little details about that day…as I’m sure I will also remember about today.
If you’re a little girl – I will be thrilled. I love everything about little girls and I can already imagine you and your big sister going to dance recitals with little tutu’s on, hair in pigtails, and smiles as big as Texas. High-school drama, proms, weddings…..the future just pours over me.
If you’re a little boy – I will be so excited and a little scared. I’ve never had a boy before – this is uncharted territory for me. I will do my best though to be a great t-ball Mom, rough house with you, and not to stop you every time you want to do some manly thing that’s wild or dangerous with your Dad or Uncles.
Up until today I’ve imagined all the wonderful things a boy and a girl can bring. Today that path has a fork in the road and we’ll be told which way to go…right or left….boy or girl. What seems like a huge unknown to me right now…will be revealed and I think it might be hard for me to ever imagine a time when I didn’t know you as a _____.
As long as you’re healthy – we will be very happy today when we’re told what our lives will behold: bows or bow-ties.
Love, Mama
To my precious snowflake baby,
Today is a big day. It’s the first time that we will go into see a sonogram that will reveal what’s in Charis’ womb. I’m flooded with emotions and thoughts this morning as I anticipate the upcoming revelation. The reveal is huge. It’s not every day that you hear news that will forever impact your life. (And I cannot do anything to change it) If it’s a boy, I get to teach him how to throw a baseball, shoot lay-ups, how to change a tire, how to hit a golf ball, how to treat a lady, how to open doors of a car for a girl, I will get to show him how to love his Mama. If it’s a girl, I will get to cherish another little lady in our house, put bows in her hair, play tea, tell her how evil boys are, show her how she should be treated; I get to give her away, etc. I also am wondering how your Mom will react either way. She has worked so hard and fought so valiantly to carry a child. I want her to be thrilled today. Today sets the course for us for the rest of our life. A long awaited child becomes even more real today. It’s a big day today.
Love, Daddy
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments - we love to hear from you!