Weight: 9lbs 1oz
Length: 21 inches
Sleeping: 1.5 hour daytime naps, 3-4 hours at night
Eating: 3.5 oz on average
New things this week: Swatting at dangling toys, and holding onto your wrist when you give her a bottle
Diapers: Finishing up the last package of Newborns and they are tight!
Clothing: Starting to pack away some Newborn things that don’t fit anymore
Facial Expressions: Scrunched up and angry. She’s been very fussy this week.
Eyes: More Blue this week
Hair: Dirty Blonde/Brown
After a few days of Julah being very fussy and throwing up, we decided to try to get her on a schedule. I’ve started doing the “Baby Wise” schedule of Sleep - Eat - Play and it’s been really working well for her. The first night I could tell a drastic difference in her sleeping patterns. She went from waking 3 times during the night, down to 2, and it’s continued to be that way. She’s also been a much happier baby.
Our cat (Aspen) and dog (Chloe) have become very attached to Julah. They love to be close to her. We watch them closely, but Julah seems to LOVE it when they cuddle up to her.
At “Square One” (a class for first time Moms at Watermark Church), another Mom had the cutest leggings on her daughter, Evelyn (LOVE that name!). Julah just had to have them…here she is lounging with her stylish leggings. She was having a gassy day and laying over this blanket seemed to help. I definitely was not going to disturb her to get a cuter pose :) Our Bent Tree Bible Lifegroup hosted a baby shower for us on Sunday, March 27th and it was AMAZING. The decorations, food, cake, games, set-up…I could go on and on…but it was my dream baby shower. I couldn’t believe how many gifts we got! We are spoiled rotten! The grand finale was the pack-n-play that I wanted sooooo bad, which sent me into tears. I am so humbled by the love and generosity that was shown to us. After attending so many baby showers for other people, this shower was another dream come true for me.This is me crying after opening my pack and play from Katie, Sara, Jenn, Daisy, & Kelly:
My Family:

Lori and Lana drove in from College Station for the day:
The Lifegroup girls:
(L to R) Cheneil, Meredith, Katie, Charis, Daisy, Laura, Sara & Amanda
Many Thanks to my wonderful hostesses: Cheneil, Meredith, Laura & Amanda









Charis,
ReplyDeleteI know I already told you but we did the baby wise schedule and it worked great for us. Basically we fed Merit every three hours during the day. If he was asleep then we would wake him up to eat. Doing this stabilizes their metabolism and then allows them to go extended periods during the night without eating because they have had enough calories during the day. Let me know if you have any questions; I'd be happy to help!